- When someone visits higheredcoaching.org, we collect cookies and use third-party services—including Google Analytics and WordPress—to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to various parts of the site, to share information that might be of interest to you in the future, and to improve our services. Cookies also are used to help remember your login while navigating throughout the site.
- When you create a profile on the CHEC website, any data you supply will be stored in our membership database and website systems (community platform and content management system). If you supply an email address, it may also be stored in our email marketing system.
- When you make purchases with CHEC—including registering for an event—your name, address data, email, and contact number will be stored in our membership database. This data may be shared with corporate partners of CHEC; however, we do not share sensitive information or your payment details. Information about payments, including how, when, and who paid for purchases is stored in our membership database and financial management systems. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf. Our online payment system is encrypted and uses the https security protocol.
- When you enter information into a form on our website, the supplied data will be stored in the forms database and file storage system. That data may be made available to CHEC members, as in the case of selection for a volunteer opportunity or award.
- Through your participation with CHEC, you might use a mobile event app, call a staff member, receive a shipment, travel on behalf of the Association, or be asked to complete a survey. In such cases, data from those interactions would be stored by our third-party providers. CHEC volunteers may have additional personal data stored in a project management system.
- You are entitled to request the personal information that we hold no longer be stored. To do so, please contact the CHEC Executive Board. Please note that this may limit your access to some of the services we provide.
- We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites that may be linked on our site.
Parts of the CHEC website are participatory. By contributing content, you give CHEC the nonexclusive, perpetual rights to reuse your content—in its entirety or in part—in any way it chooses. If you share something that CHEC or your peers deems objectionable, we reserve the right to remove it without your approval. CHEC is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content posted within the discussion forums. Use common sense when posting and reading others’ advice, experiences, or opinions.